Skill Level ( ? )
1300km, 8-days, 85% dirt touring, don't miss out, book early
Welcome to our Cape York Motorcycle Tour page
Our Cape York Motorcycle Tour is run in tropical north Queensland Cairns and finishes at the most northerly tip of Australia.
If you have ever wanted to ride Cape York with all the creek crossings and tight sandy trails, then this tour is for you.
This tour is for motorcyclist with off road motorcycle experience who just want to have a bit of fun along the way using our experience in this region.
This is not a hard-core motorcycle tour of Cape York but rather good riding at a friendly pace and of course a touristy look around on the way, we will ride all the famous Cape York tracks weather permitting.
Cape York Motorcycle Tour description in brief
8 day motorcycle tour of starting from Cairns and finishing at Cape York. You will fly back to Cairns for your return journey which takes you over the spectacular east coast side of Cape York.
Each day you are given riding instructions on what to expect and what is expected from you.
This tour runs through some amazing tropical rain forest, hot open dusty plains through Savannah country where you would kill for a cool drink of water.
We will have a spare day up our sleeve which gives you a chance to either do a chartered fishing tour or a trip to Thursday Island (both optional extras).
Please read through the Highlights look at our pictures of people enjoying themselves.
Book with us and I will guarantee you will have a great time.
- Creb Track
- Lions Den Hotel
- Cook Town
- Lake Field NP
- Musgrave Station
- Bramwell Station
- French Track
- Telegraph Track
- Amazing waterfalls
- WW2 air wrecks
- Five beaches run
A bit about Cape York
Cape York is a wondrous place of adventure for Motorcycles, 4WD vehicles and travellers in general.
It has its own unique plants and animals that exist in this region alone.
It is steeped in history with the first maritime Dutch explorers, its Aboriginal past, its white explorers (Edmund Kennedy), gold mining and the settlers that opened up this remote tip of Australia.
It is still remote in places yet touristy enough for those who are willing to navigate the many heavily corrugated dirt roads.
This region has it all – from the savannah grasslands and mountainous Great Divide to the many crystal clear streams and rivers which make for great fishing.
What is included
- All meals
- Return flight
- Camping gear
- Ferry pass
- Parks permit
- Tour guide
- 6×6 support vehicle
What is not included
- Alcohol, hotel coffees
- Optional tours
Riding instructions each day
- Riders are briefed each day on the conditions by the tour guide before the start of the day
- Camping under the million and one stars a night hotel
- One tent and matters per customer
- Our tour support vehicle is an all-purpose 6×6 specially built for motorcycle tour support
“Rough as Guts Outback Restaurant” will cater for this tour.
- Breakfast: Solid breakfast to keep the rider going till lunch time
- Lunch: Assorted sandwiches
- Dinner: Various Aussie dinners cooked each night and some station meals
Prior to departure
- We require you to sign our indemnity form before departure, this is to acknowledge that we cannot guarantee your safety on a motorcycle and to recognize motorcycling is a dangerous activity
- We require full payment 6 weeks prior from tour departure
Tag-along passengers or riders
- Tag along available for riders wanting to use their own bike
- We have an available place for a tag along passengers in the 6×6 or one of our 4×4 vehicles
- Look at our motorcycle page for more info on our fleet of tour motorbikes
What you need to bring on our Cape York Motorcycle Tour
- Personal luggage bag size try to keep it small as you don’t need the kitchen sink. Remember you are flying out on a smaller plane!
- Motorcycle riding gear e.g.: Helmet, Boots, Jacket, Gloves etc
- Sleeping bag, blow up pillow
- Warm jumper for nights, woollen head warmer (beanie)
- Casual clothing, foot wear (Joggers or thongs) swim ware, USB stick 50G, camera
- Sun glasses, hat, sun screen, toiletries
- Spending money e.g.: alcohol, souvenir, optional tours
- Small camel back able to carry small items must also have water bladder