Skill Level ( ? )
1250km, 7-days, 85% dirt touring, don't miss out, book early
Welcome to our Cape York Motorcycle Tour page
Our Cape York Motorcycle Tour is run in tropical north Queensland Cairns and finishes at the most northerly tip of Australia.
If you have ever wanted to ride Cape York with all the creek crossings and tight sandy trails, then this tour is for you.
This tour is for motorcyclist with off road motorcycle experience who just want to have a bit of fun along the way using our experience in this region.
This is not a hard-core motorcycle tour of Cape York but rather good riding at a friendly pace and of course a touristy look around on the way, we will ride all the famous Cape York tracks weather permitting.
Cape York Motorcycle Tour description in brief
7 day motorcycle tour of starting from Cairns and finishing at Cape York. You will fly back to Cairns for your return journey which takes you over the spectacular east coast side of Cape York.
Each day you are given riding instructions on what to expect and what is expected from you.
This tour runs through some amazing tropical rain forest, hot open dusty plains through Savannah country where you would kill for a cool drink of water.
We will have a spare day up our sleeve which gives you a chance to either do a chartered fishing tour or a trip to Thursday Island (both optional extras).
Book with us and I will guarantee you will have a great time.
- Creb Track
- Lions Den Hotel
- Cook Town
- Lake Field NP
- Musgrave Station
- Bramwell Station
- French Track
- Telegraph Track
- Amazing waterfalls
- WW2 air wrecks
- Five beaches run
A bit about Cape York
Cape York is a wondrous place of adventure for Motorcycles, 4WD vehicles and travellers in general.
It has its own unique plants and animals that exist in this region alone.
It is steeped in history with the first maritime Dutch explorers, its Aboriginal past, its white explorers (Edmund Kennedy), gold mining and the settlers that opened up this remote tip of Australia.
It is still remote in places yet touristy enough for those who are willing to navigate the many heavily corrugated dirt roads.
This region has it all – from the savannah grasslands and mountainous Great Divide to the many crystal clear streams and rivers which make for great fishing.
- Group booking 6 or more riders all inclusive $3990 per rider
- Please contact us for more details
What is included
- All meals
- Return flight
- Camping gear
- Ferry pass
- Parks permit
- Tour guide
- 6×6 support vehicle
What is not included
- Alcohol, hotel coffees
- Any meals at Seisia
Riding instructions each day
- Riders are briefed each day on the conditions by the tour guide before the start of the day
- Camping under the million and one stars a night hotel
- One tent and matters per customer
- Our tour support vehicle is an all-purpose 6×6 specially built for motorcycle tour support
“Rough as Guts Outback Restaurant” will cater for this tour.
- Breakfast: Solid breakfast to keep the rider going till lunch time
- Lunch: Assorted sandwiches
- Dinner: Various Aussie dinners cooked each night and some station meals
Prior to departure
- We require you to sign our indemnity form before departure, this is to acknowledge that we cannot guarantee your safety on a motorcycle and to recognize motorcycling is a dangerous activity
- We require full payment 6 weeks prior from tour departure
Tag-along passengers or riders
- Tag along available for riders wanting to use their own bike
- We have an available place for a tag along passengers in the 6×6 or one of our 4×4 vehicles
- Look at our motorcycle page for more info on our fleet of tour motorbikes
- We require a $1000 security bond, refunded in full on safe return of motorcycle
What you need to bring on our Cape York Motorcycle Tour
- Personal luggage bag size try to keep it small as you don’t need the kitchen sink. Remember you are flying out on a smaller plane!
- Motorcycle riding gear e.g.: Helmet, Boots, Jacket, Gloves etc
- Sleeping bag, blow up pillow
- Warm jumper for nights, woollen head warmer (beanie)
- Casual clothing, foot wear (Joggers or thongs) swim ware, USB stick, camera
- Sun glasses, hat, sun screen, toiletries
- Spending money e.g.: alcohol, souvenir, optional tours
- Small camel back able to carry small items must also have water bladder
7 Day Cape York Motorcycle Tour itinerary 1200km
Day one 242km
The first day of the tour we depart Cairns and ride along the Captain Cook HWY with its magnificent views overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We stop at the beautiful Daintree village for Morning tea. After that we will be ready to ride the Creb Track with all her creek crossing and mountainous trails to arrive at the Lion’s Den pub for a well-deserved beer/swim and dinner later on at the hotel.
Day two 269km
We ride to tropical Cook Town and check out the light house on Grassy Hill overlooking the Endeavour River. Then we start heading West on Battle Camp Road(Normanby Range). This has all the twists and turns you would expect from the Great Dividing Range. You will notice the scenery change to the Cape Savannah grasslands. You will get to explore old pioneering homesteads along the track. The afternoon sees us ride through Lake Lands National Park and on our way to Musgrave Station to refuel the motorcycles and ourselves.
Day three 233km
The Day will see us ride out of Musgrave Station heading for the east coast to detour a section of the Cape York Peninsula development road. This track will involve less frequented roads and tight sandy tracks with a few creek crossings thrown in for good measure, which will take a good part of the day to get through. We will arrive at Coen for lunch, the rest of day will be spent travelling to Archer river.
Day four 241km
We will follow the road into Lockhart River to inspect the remains of the Batavia goldfields and her hidden secrets before crossing the Pascoe River. The Frenchman’s Track will bring us back to the development road and onto Moreton Telegraph Station for lunch. The rest of the afternoon is a lazy ride into Bramwell Station for the night with a great station meal.
Day five 109km
We leave Bramwell Station where you will get to ride the full Telegraph Track with her many sand stone creek crossing and sandy trails of fun!!
Along the way we will pop into Fruit Bat falls for a relaxing swim followed by lunch. The rest of the day will continue on the northern section of the Telegraph Track with more trails and creek cross to the Jardine River. Our aim is to get to Seisia, hopefully making the Jardine ferry but if don’t we are not going to sweat it!
Day six 102 km
We will leave our camp at a sensible hour riding through tropical rain forest heading for the very most northerly point of Australia to celebrate the finish of the ride with a can of beer and a picture of Cape York’s most northerly point of Australia sign. We finish the ride of with a beach run down the east coast and check out a WW2 air wreck.
Day seven fly out
You will catch the 8 am ferry to Thursday Island then catch the water taxi to Horn Island where you will fly from Cape York back to Cairns approximate flight time 2 hours arriving in the late afternoon.
This is not a hard charging tour but a good touristy look around the Cape. We try to finish up at a reasonable time each day so you can relax and unwind to enjoy a cold beer at the end of the days riding. If you cannot handle some of the riding we have alternate routes for less capable riders. We ride all the famous Cape trails and have a blast.
We schedule our tours in the best time of the year weather wise for you to enjoy!