Skill Level ( ? )
Outback Pub Run 95% dirt
Outback Pub Run Cunnamulla to Birdsville via Simpson Desert 7 days 1570km
12th June 2019 has been booked out
Please get in contact with us to place your interest and if we get enough numbers we will run another tour for 2019
This 6 day tour is about visiting some great and famous Australian Outback pubs. Travelling on remote desert roads and also visiting just as remote Outback towns. We will visit two state intersection points, Cameron’s Corner (Queensland, South Australia and NSW intersection) and more famous of the two Peoppels Corner (South Australia, Queensland and northern Territory Border intersection.
We will ride the eastern half of the Simpson Desert QAA Line, where you will encounter some of the most fantastic and beautiful desert scenery on the last days riding. You will also get the chance to ride up Big Red sand dune, the most well know of all the sand dunes in the Simpson Desert just for bragging rights. We will finish of the tour with a motorcycle line up in front of Birdsville Hotel for souvenir happy snap followed by a couple of well-earned cold beers!
At the end of the day this is an easy ride visiting some great Aussie Outback towns tied together with some rough and ready dirt roads.
- Outback pubs
- Remote Outback roads
- Cameron’s Corner (Queensland, South Aust and NSW intersection)
- Innamincka’s cemetery
- Sturt’s Stony Desert
- Simpson Desert, QAA Line
- Poeppels Corner (South Aust, Queensland and northern Territory Border intersection)
- Birdsville Hotel
- Desert camping and brilliant stars to see
What is included
- All Meals
- Birdsville hotel accommodation (twin share)
- Bike fuel
- Birdsville to Brisbane flight
- Desert parks pass
- Camping gear
- Best 6×6 Support vehicle
- Your motorcycle transported from Lismore & return
What is not included
- Alcohol, hotel coffees
- Meals in Birdsville not included
- Motorcycle DRz400 can be hired ($2000) extra
- Riding instructions given each day
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in Birdsville twin share
- We provide all camping equipment (one tent and mattress per person) for the million and one stars a night hotel
- Our tour support vehicle is an all purpose 6×6 specially built for motorcycle tour support and is one of the best
- “Rough As Guts Outback Restaurant”
- Outback pub meals
Prior to departure
- We require you to sign our indemnity form before departure, this is to acknowledge that we cannot guarantee your safety on a motorcycle and to recognize motorcycling is a dangerous activity
- We require full payment 6 weeks prior from tour departure
Tag-along passengers or riders
- We have available places for a tag along passengers in the 6×6 or one of our 4×4 vehicles
- If you are using one of our bikes please look at our motorcycle page
What you need to bring
- Personal luggage bag size try to keep it small as you don’t need the kitchen sink
- Remember you are going to flying on a small plane!
- Motorcycle riding gear eg: Helmet, Boots, Jacket, Gloves etc
- Sleeping bag -5, blow up pillow
- Fly nets are able to be purchased at Mt Dare Station
- Warm jumper for nights, woolen head warmer (beanie)
- Casual clothing, foot wear (Joggers) USB stick, camera.
- Sun glasses, hat, sun screen, toiletries
- Spending money eg:alcohol, souvenir
- Small camel back able to carry small items must also have water bladder
Cunnamulla to Birdsville via Peoppels Corner, QAA line 7 days 1570km
This is a entry level ride into the Simpson Desert for the not so experienced sand rider.
After this ride you will have a lot more confidence on sand.
Fly into Cunnamulla arriving at 11:10am and we get straight into it, jumping on your awaiting motorcycles and head straight for the township of Eulo (pub lunch), Hungerford (pub dinner).
Hungerford, Wanaaring (lunch), Tibooburra (pub dinner).
Tibooburra, Cameron’s Corner (lunch) Innamincka (pub Dinner).
This is an awesome run through here as you really start to get the feeling of remote outback riding.
Innamincka, Walkers Xing, Stony Desert, Clifton Hill Station.
Innamincka to Walkers Xing is very tricky as the tracks in here are all over the place and continually changing due to the gas extraction taking place. The mining company is always messing the tracks and rerouting them, so we will have to pick our way through this section carefully but it is rewarding.
Clifton Hill Station, Warburton/K1 Track, Peoppels Corner.
This is the entrance into the magnificent Simpson Desert.
Peoppels Corner, QAA Line, Big Red, Birdsville (pub dinner).
Novice riders will cut their teeth on the QAA Line, the direction of west to east is the easiest way to travel because of the shape of the sand dune, steepest side is on the eastern side of the sand dune because of the winds direction shaping the dune.
Day7 18th June 2019
Fly out to Brisbane and you will arrive at Brisbane domestic terminal around about 5pm.
At the end of the day this is an easy ride visiting some great Aussie outback towns tied in with the remote outback dirt roads and scenery.
If you haven’t visited the outback and what experience an outback motorcycle adventure and cut your teeth on some SImpson Desert sand riding then this is for you….