General terms & conditions, booking a tour and refund policy
- Motorcyclist must hold a current license (learner licence excepted). The license must be written in English and clearly endorsed for motorcycles.
- We require identification preferable with photo ID.
- Tour bookings require a $550 reservation fee. Payment must be finalised 6 weeks prior to commencement of tour.
- All tours are subject to availability and we reserve the right to cancel or change any tour without notice.
- We strongly recommend that you take out your own travel and personal insurance to cover you for an unforeseen emergency or unforeseen circumstances when booking a tour.
- Riders must abide by all rules and regulations, and must sign an indemnity form.
- Tours require the rider to have a reasonable level of fitness and some off-road riding experience as per our riders skill level guide.
- If we are unable to obtain economy air fare for the tour, we will charge the difference between the economy airfare and the upgraded airfare to the customer. Once we book a flight in your name, you own it.
- Tour prices are subject to change with out notice.
- We require a security bond of $1300 for our rental motorcycle before departure of tour.
- Please note that a security bond refund may take up 14 working days to appear back into some credit cardholder’s accounts.
Booking a tour
- Bookings require a $550 (i.e. per rider or place in vehicle) reservation fee, with full payment required 6 weeks prior to tour (non-refundable).
- We require a security bond of $1300 for motorcycle tours prior to tour departure.
- You must fill out and sign our indemnity form. If the bike is returned undamaged we refund in full the security bond back to the customer’s credit card. If the bike is damaged, we deduct the costs of repairs from the security bond.
- Credit card payment will incur credit card surcharge fee of 1.5%.
Tour refund and change of date policy
- Initial tour deposit is non-refundable.
- Flights booked in your name are non-refundable.
- Cancellation of tour:
a. Cancellation notice of more than 21 days prior to departure date – 75% is refunded.
b. Cancellation notice between 21 and 14 days prior to departure date – 50% is refunded.
c. Cancellation notice between 14 and 7 days prior to departure date – 25% is refunded.
e. Cancellation notice less than 7 days prior to departure date – No refund.
- Changing your tour departure date
a. More the 21 days prior to departure additional 25% on top of tour cost
b. Between 21 and 14 days prior to departure additional 50% on top of tour cost
c. 7 days notice you cannot transfer your tour to another date
- Cancellation of your tour or change of date notification must be emailed through to us.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to adhere to all traffic regulations. All local road rules must be complied with.
- Participants must hold a valid motorcycle license.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Participants must be aware of traffic, road conditions, weather and other motorcyclists.
- Participants understand that motorcycling is a dangerous activity and are aware of these risks and fully accepts these risks, and are solely responsible for for keeping their motorcycle under control, selecting proper speeds and adhering to state laws.
- Participants are solely responsible for their choice of riding style and speed selection even when following a motorcycle tour guide in convoy formation with other motorcyclists.
- Participants ride at his/her own risk and are legally liable for injury or damage to fellow participants or other road users, whether being lead by the motorcycle leader or otherwise.
- Participants must follow the directions of the motorcycle leader at all times.
- The ride is responsible not to take control of the hire motorcycle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The tour guide reserves the right to suspend or terminate a riders place on the tour if the rider is suspected of being affected from alcohol or drugs.
- The motorcycle tour leader reserves the right to terminate a rider’s motorcycle tour if he considers the rider is unsafe either to himself/herself or to others, or for offensive behavior, and there by forfeiting the balance of the motorcycle tour. The rider will be immediately ejected from the tour and left at the closest town. It will be the rider’s responsibility to make and incur the cost of other travel arrangements.
The renter of the hire motorcycle is liable for ALL damages to the bike
We require a Motorcycle Security bond of $1,300 bond to be made before departure of tour; you must have a current motorcycle license. The security bond money is refundable upon the safe return of your hire motorcycle provided no major damage caused by theft, accident or negligence has occurred to the motorcycle. If damage and repair costs amount to less than your deposit then the difference between the repairs cost and the deposit will be refunded. If the damages are over the $1300, then you will be liable to pay the additional costs. Repair costs also include the transportation and handling costs, if any, of an accident-damaged motorcycle to the final destination of the motorcycle tour.
Motorcycle damage due to riders negligence is defined as:
- Damage to property is caused by careless, willful or reckless driving including whilst the rider is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damage to property is caused by submersion in water, such as river crossing, including salt water, resulting from rider negligence.
- The rider’s license is invalid, not current or not appropriately rated for the motorcycle.
- The motorcycle was being ridden in an unlawful manner, such as on the right hand side of the road.