Skill Level ( ? )
80% dirt touring, don't miss out, book early,
Welcome to Uluru Desert Express tour page
Uluru Desert Express Motorcycle Tour, ride the red center tour of Australia, perfect for those who want to ride in the Australian red center but not wanting to tackling the sand dunes of the Simpson Desert. It is still a challenge though with more than enough rough stuff to test your riding skills out. You will also get to experience the vast Outback with amazing scenery, so why not consider this tour.
This is perfect for riders wishing to experience the joys of motorcycling in remote outback Australian red center with support vehicle back up.
Uluru Desert Express Tour description in brief
The tour winds its way around the western side of the Simpson Desert, with a mixture of sandy, corrugated and hard rocky surface tracks and roads.
This is not a difficult ride but tough enough to test some of your dirt riding skills.
You will be riding a motorcycle for 6 days and camping under the stars each night until our final destination of Uluru where we stay at Yulara resort.
The last day is the finale to finish off the tour with a visit to Uluru (Ayers Rock).
We have a riders-briefing each morning for the day ahead.
The tours general route on Google Map (approximate route only).
This route can change due to road or weather conditions.
So, come on let’s have some fun!!
- Ghan Heritage road
- Mt Dare Station
- Simpson Desert scenery
- Swimming at Dalhousie Hot Springs (water temp 39 degree)
- Ghan railway history
- Sandy corrugated tracks
- Desert camping and brilliant stars to see
The Simpson Desert Consists of a sea of parallel red sand dunes covering an area of 170,000 sq. km (as large as England and Wales). It lies across the corners of South Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Rainfall is low, on average 125 mm per year. Temperatures exceed 50 degrees in summer and can fall below zero centigrade in winter.
What includes in Uluru Desert Express Motorcycle Tour:
- Hotel (twin share)
- Motorcycle hire (Suzuki DRz 400)
- Desert parks pass
- Camping gear
- All Meals
- Support vehicle
What’s not included:
- Alcohol, hotel coffees
- Riding instructions given each day
- 2 nights Yulara Pioneer resort
- We provide all camping equipment (one tent and mattress per person) for the million and one stars a night hotel
- Our tour support vehicle is an all-purpose 6×6 specially built for motorcycle tour support
- “Rough As Guts Outback Restaurant” will cater for this tour in parts
Prior to departure
- We require indemnity forms to be signed before departure
- We require full payment 6 weeks prior from tour departure
Tag-along passengers or riders
- Tag along available for riders wanting to use their own bike
- We have an available place for a tag along passengers in the 6×6 or one of our 4×4 vehicles
- Look at our motorcycle page for more info on our fleet of tour motorbikes
What you need to bring
- Personal luggage bag size try to keep it small as you don’t need the kitchen sink. Remember you are flying out on a smaller plane!
- Motorcycle riding gear e.g.: Helmet, Boots, Jacket, Gloves etc
- Sleeping bag, blow up pillow
- Warm jumper for nights, woollen head warmer (beanie)
- Casual clothing, foot wear (Joggers) swim ware, USB stick 50G, camera
- Sun glasses, hat, sun screen, toiletries
- Spending money e.g.: alcohol, souvenir, pub meal, optional tours
- Small camel back able to carry small items must also have water bladder